Friday, 4 September 2015

S’Africa’s Archbishop Desmond Tutu discharged from hospital

S’Africa’s Archbishop Desmond Tutu discharged from hospital

South African veteran cleric, Archbishop Desmond Tutu, has been discharged from hospital where he received an intravenous course of antibiotics over the past two weeks, the foundation that bears his name, said on Friday.

The 83-year-old anti-apartheid activist, who used the pulpit to preach against apartheid, had been admitted to hospital for the second time in August for treatment of an “inflammation”. Tutu had been receiving treatment for a recurring infection unrelated to the prostate cancer he had been fighting for 18 years, his family had previously said.

Tutu, a Nobel peace laureate, retired from public life in 2010 but had kept speaking out in a wide range of issues, including corruption among South Africa’s political elite.

SHARE THIS

Author:

Editor at AS-Media. He is a Photographer, Blogger and Videographer. He enjoys travelling and you can not separate him from Music and Movies. He has passion for Brands managements/Web management. Reach him via email: babatunde-ojedokun@live.com, (+234) 08185100100 (SMS Only) Instagram @babatunde.ojedokun.

0 comments:

Photos

Photos